Wednesday, 20 August 2014
A change of plan
After a few months of trying to learn Actionscript 3.0 and implement my game I have been forced to scrap the digital part of my project, while this is disheartening I believe that due to the time constraints it would be impossible to get the Flash game to a finished state in time. I believe that I failed to account for the amount of bugs that I ran into also failed to account to exactly how much text would be involved in this text-based adventure. If I would have had it all to do again I would have started this process much sooner, but that's neither here nor there!
It seems a shame to throw all of this code away... It was by no means early figuring out how to half-get this game working. I did learn a lot about AS3 during this process, overall I learnt that there will always be bugs and things will always take longer than you think.
I plan to continue the same project, instead producing it as a choose your own ending book with a twist! I will have to include a random chance system to maintain the same system however I believe it is more manageable than trying to maintain the digital interface.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment