Thursday, 27 February 2014

Look and feel of proposed flash game


One of the many short stories found throughout Lost Odyssey, this would be the sort of direction I would want to take - with ambiant music, SFX and text animation at this level. I think perhaps a different painted image background for all 50 of the events, the gates and the endings. I would do a similar fade in-out and the buttons would be text that highlighted when selected, I would say that this would be the correct level of visual representation the game would need.

Implementation
At first I was concerned by the amount of content, however, if I used flash to create this game I would not have to code a great deal - most of the code would be the same page copied for different events. animation and music/graphical implementation would also be hassle-free. I might need an artist to create 70 decent images, but I am sure I can find that. SFX are easily found on the internet in large open source areas. Finally If I couldn't find a musician then I myself could create the music using Adobe auditorium. The first act would be to create the story content itself, something I would have to think about a lot (it would be the main content). At the same time I would need to prototype the game, getting a single, linear version of it running so that adding to it would be easy. I feel confidant I could finish this by the end of the degree, since I have over half a year to do it!

What would be the purpose?
Apart from creating a fun, interactive game with good replay value? I have already proven that people find it fun to tell stories, however the method by which I proved this was to randomly give players items and ask them to extrapolate a story. By the same token, I should be able to do the same thing digitally and fire the imagination of the player of my game by introducing random chance and thereby adding value to their choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment