Well, it had to happen eventually I guess. In the last few weeks - perhaps the entire month - I have found myself unable to make any meaningful steps forward. Perhaps it has been the path I have chosen to pursue, a personal dip or block, or maybe I have just 'run out of steam' and need some new input before I can create more output. Either way I am sick to death of it and want to make a physical acknowledgement of it on this blog.
Obviously I have no idea how to get myself out of this rutt or I would not be spending my time talking about it; my next plan is to try a variety of new things, hopefully the act of finding new direction in the process. I do not particularly want to go too far off topic with this attempt to re-invigorate myself. So, to start off I am going to try and come up with a variety of game ideas, these ideas will have no parameters and will all be created today. If none of those interest me I will spend the next week working on equal parts 'child Preposterous' and music, the logic being that working on artwork and music will help to expand my creative outputs to different mediums (hopefully getting me out of the rutt in the process). I will also attempt to write a short story. Although I agree that this seems like a lot of work to attempt to complete in a single week I would argue that I am not trying to complete all of these things, I am simply trying to re-spark my creativity. To ensure that this I intake as much new information as possible I will also ensure that I do not listen to any music I have already heard, watch any television shows / entertainment formats that I have already seen and even move my location of work.
I suppose what I am saying is whatever I am doing is not working so my plan is to do everything I have not been doing.
I will update the blog every day on my progress, hopefully by next Friday I will be in a very different place...
If not I have no idea what to do with myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment