Friday, 15 November 2013

Printing errors, new cards and colour theory

Story cards, Question cards, Vice cards and Virtue cards
Well, it has been a busy week! Firstly I have been able to finish off and print the Virtue cards, vice cards, question cards and story cards. The only cards left to get to the first pass stage are the character cards and a single reference card. I have been able to print them all off also! Which has given me a laundry list of changes that need to be implemented asap. First of all the small sentences between the virtue,vice and question cards need to be shortened and enlarged to be visible on the final cards, all the cards need desaturating as a general rule, the question cards need to be balanced contrast wise. Final job is to change the colour of the proof cards so that they match the remaining proof cards (a sort of bronze colour instead of their current colour), then go over the proof card artwork, removing some of the more terrible edits and having the artist touch up the backgrounds. I also need to standardise the reds that appear throughout the card artwork.

That sounds like a lot, but the truth is this is going very quickly, the cards should be done with a little time to spare, but saying that I am still anxious to get them sent off to the card printers before it gets too late in the year; I still need to set up a presentation and a mini essay, not to mention that I still need to write out the rulebook properly! The card box is going to require about £30 to finish, but saying that it will not require much time to complete, which is good.

Overall I am very pleased with the progress of my game, I feel Preposterous has taught me much about the process of card game creation and if I am lucky it might even sell in a year or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment