Friday, 13 September 2013

The Artwork is here!


Lipstick mark artwork first pass
by Rebecca Michalak
What a summer! I have just got ahold of 90 of the images for my Preposterous game! I think they really capture the mood of the world and while some of them require slight tweaking (this one as an example the lipstick mark is a tad too big) they perfectly capture Preposterous world, providing a much needed immersion. 

I have been looking into different post processing methods for the images to make them look as if they are 'wet plate photography'. I really like the results, especially when combined with background imagery. I do need to go out and take some background photographs (at current I am using a stock background image, something I do not want to do for the final) however this should not be too much of a problem.



Same image with post process effects.

I was lucky enough to find a tutorial for the above effect : 
Obviously I did not follow this tutorial to the letter but I did follow it very closely!

My next step is to redesign the Card layouts, making sure to take in the feedback I received on the previous designs; the key focus I want the new cards to have is the stunning artwork!
While I am doing that my artist will be finishing off the box art and adding finishing touches to the card art. I will also need to make a final choice on font, I might even need to make my own if I have the time!
But things are looking up for preposterous now that the artwork is coming in...

No comments:

Post a Comment