When I first heard about Braggart I was concerned for my concept, however after seeing the game's mechanics and workings I feel a need to distance myself from this. I Was thinking of giving a numerical value to different proof cards to determine proof strength, however after seeing this system it seems completely counter-productive to what I want to do with Preposterous. The idea behind Preposterous is that the true strength of analog games is role-playing and that systems should encourage this instead of finding ways to ignore it. I need to keep this in mind as I finish refining the rules for Preposterous!
Monday, 23 September 2013
Braggart: A similar game
When I first heard about Braggart I was concerned for my concept, however after seeing the game's mechanics and workings I feel a need to distance myself from this. I Was thinking of giving a numerical value to different proof cards to determine proof strength, however after seeing this system it seems completely counter-productive to what I want to do with Preposterous. The idea behind Preposterous is that the true strength of analog games is role-playing and that systems should encourage this instead of finding ways to ignore it. I need to keep this in mind as I finish refining the rules for Preposterous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment