Friday, 17 May 2013

Preposterous! Card game backs

Card back design, Red line is the Cut line

An initial concept for my cards, for the game Preposterous!

Overall I am satisfied with the card design, it is interesting and captures the correct look and feel. However there are a number of things I would improve upon if given the time.

Firstly although cogs are in keeping with the aesthetic of steampunk I do feel that they are a little over done, they also typecast a game in a way I do not wish to. With that in mind I will be looking into other things I can place on the back of this card to make it look good, or maybe even removing that element of the back of the card in its entirety.

Beyond that I want to look into fonts more and update the boarder for the title, it appears to be messy at this distance. However for the conceptualization I really like the overall feel and colour scheme.

I think I prefer the card design without the Cogs...

No cogs looks better?

No comments:

Post a Comment